You’ve been hitting the gym religiously. Working out 3, 4, maybe 5 days a week with a good program but STILL not seeing much changes? What gives? Is it your workout or your diet? Often times the culprit is our diet. Here are 5 Quick Diet Fixes to Fast Track Your Weight Loss :
- Eat more GREENS: … like a LOT more. Add some greens or a large salad to each meal and see the fat just melt off! Green veggies are rich in fibre, minerals, vitamins and phytochemicals giving you the nutrition you need without the heavy calories! So reduce the heavy starches and add more fibre rich veggies. Bonus: you can eat as much greens as you can without gaining “bad” weight! And there are lots of different green veggies you can choose from including collard greens, spinach, kale, asparagus, green beans and green peas.
- Remove wheat and wheat products: Wheat products (including cereals, pasta, crackers, breads) are often refined and not well tolerated by our digestive system. They can cause inflammation leading symptoms such as bloating, gassiness and indigestion. Best to remove them from your diet and replace with unrefined grains such as whole grain brown rice, steel cut oats and sweet potatoes. Always aim to choose unrefined grains over refined ones as they contain more nutritional value (like fibre and minerals).
- Remove dairy and dairy products: We are the only mammals on the face of the planet who continue drinking another mammal’s milk after infancy. Dairy, like wheat often causes indigestion and inflammation making it difficult for your body to digest the other good foods you are eating! It is very likely that you have some intolerance to dairy so try remove it from your diet and see if your digestion improves. If it does, then you know you are better off without dairy in your diet! Both wheat and dairy are big culprits of causing havoc in our digestive system, making it hard for our body to function at a 100 percent and in turn making the fat much more stubborn to lose.
- Drink more water:... and by more, we mean 2.5 litres! 8 glasses of water is just not adequate for busy, active bodies! Up your water intake by buying a one litre glass or aluminum bottle and filling it up three times in the day. Our bodies is 70% water. Water is used in every process in the body. It helps flush out toxins and chemicals that often end up in our fat cells. So drink more water!
- Up your Protein: The average female needs about 100 grams of protein PER DAY! Yupp, thats a lot of protein … and chances are you are not getting enough!Protein keeps you satiated and gives your body the fuel it needs to repair and build muscle. Plan your meals ahead of time and aim to include 10 to 25 grams of protein with each meal (including snacks!). 4 to 6 oz of meat, poultry or fish, a scoop of whey or vegan protein, 7 to 14 egg whites and natural nuts and seeds are good sources of protein. Not sure how to plan your meal to get enough protein? Check out this meal plan here!
These are 5 Quick fixes you can apply to any diet, including plant based, vegan diets. Remember success comes in preparation so grab a good meal plan, go shopping and meal prep! Help yourself by preparing what your will be eating a head of time. You will be more likely to make better choices and get to your goals!
- Share on Facebook0