Who knew protein powder and pancakes would be such a delicious match? We just LOVE protein pancakes! Here are list of four 3 Ingredient Protein Pancake Recipes you ought to try! Promise you will fall in love like we did! Protein pancakes are great on the go and perfect snack pre or post workout!
Try these 3 Ingredient Protein Pancake Recipes!
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- Chocolate Chips (optional – or whatever else you want in the pancakes)
- 1 tablespoon butter (or other oil – to grease the pan)
- Mix together bananas, eggs, and protein powder until well combined.
- Place a pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with a bit of oil. Once pan is hot, add a large spoonful of the pancake mixture to the pan, about 3-5 inches wide.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the pancakes.
- Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them. Cook for about 1 minute each side, depending how hot the pan is.
- Regrease the pan, as needed.
From: SimpleSensible Nutrition
- 1 serve (25-30g) of vanilla protein powder (can use any flavour, whey works best)
- 3 egg whites, can use one egg yolk if you like
- ½-1 banana (use the whole thing if it is small, or less if it is large) preferably over-ripe or greek yogurt
- Put all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth
- OR – Put the banana in a bowl and mash it all up as much as possible with a fork
- Add the egg whites, and stir vigorously with the fork
- Add the protein powder and stir that through thoroughly, until smooth *
- In a pan over medium heat, use a little olive or coconut oil to coat the pan (*I pour some oil onto paper towel and use that to wipe it over, coating the pan)
- Pour some batter into the pan, cook until bubbles appear on the top and the bottom is set, then flip and cook for another minute or so.
- Repeat until batter is gone (make sure you coat the pan with a little oil each time)
- Makes about 2-3 pancakes depending on the size you like to make them
Topping options: cinnamon, nut butter, freshly squeezed lemon with a sprinkle or stevia, fresh berries or fruit with yoghurt, maple syrup, honey and cinnamon.
from : YurielAkim
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup raw almond butter
- 2 scoops (about 1/4 cup) plant-based vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until pureed.
- Cook in a skillet which has been coated in coconut oil, and heated on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Serve with fresh berries and hot maple syrup or agave
From: LVD Fitness
- ¼ cup (67.5mL) Almond Milk
- ½ scoop (17g) Protein Powder (any flavour works!)
- 3 (110g) large egg whites
- 2 tbsp (12g) peanut butter!
- 1 tbsp (15g) Chocolate chips
- Mix it all together” Simply mix your almond milk, protein powder and egg whites (and peanut butter if you choose to use it) all together. You can either whisk it with a fork or throw it in the magic bullet for 30 seconds.
- Throw it in a pancake flipper: Pancake flippers are best because your pancakes will be a bit more liquid than normal pancakes, so it definitely makes a difference when you’re trying to flip them to cook evenly. If you don’t have one, try cooking it in a frying pan or throwing it in the oven!
- Eat it for gains: Top it with some zero-cal maple syrup, your favourite fruit or a little light whipped cream. You can pretty well put anything you want on it and it will be delicious!